Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 163- A Day in the Life...

I haven't done a theme week in a while and I got the idea for this one the other day. But I'm afraid I'll run out of ideas before the end of the week is over, but here we go. This week, I'll be shooting pics of the same object from the same spot at different times throughout the day.

Today's subject: A Day in the Life of... My Hummingbird Feeder

When I put my hummingbord feeder up over a month ago, it immediately starting getting lots of action. However, lately it seems that many of my clients are not hummingbirds at all. Maybe all these other folks have scared them away!

8:00 AM- The faithful guardian arrives. We see this guy all day, every day. He stands watch on the feeder and even turns his body upside down to drink from it. I was very surprised to see the huge number of regular birds we have drinking from our feeder- I'm guessing that since it's so hot outside, they'll take anothing they can get.



9:20 AM- More customers. Bees and dirt-dobbers.




4:00 PM- Notice the depleted level of liquid after my 7+ hour break in photos. Finally, the right kind of patron!



6:30 PM- All quiet on the feeder front!


No comments:

Post a Comment