Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 260- A Decade Ago...

A decade ago... I got engaged!!!

It was picture perfect! David came to New York City for the weekend to visit me while at Pfizer training. That weekend, I took him to Rockerfeller Center to see the beautiful Christmas tree and decorations. If you know me, you know that I LOVE Christmas!!! We had some other friends with us that offered to take our picture with the tree in the background. (David already had this planned because one friend had the still camera and the other friend had the video camera.) It was drizzling and of course I was in a hurry to get my frizzy hair out of the rain. To my surprise, right after our picture, he got down on one knee and said, "I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." (Later he told me he had rehearsed something much more poetic, but that's what came out in the spur of the moment.) I couldn't believe it! I was the happiest girl around! And I am so lucky to have both these pictures and the video of this special moment!



Today... while cleaning out some old stuff, I found this stack of letters, notes, and cards that David had given/sent me while dating. So funny and sweet to go back and read them! I still love him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment